Who is bibliotheca?
bibliotheca was formed in the spring of 2011 when the three leading independent companies of bibliotheca, Intellident and Integrated Technology Group merged to create a single, global entity. In January of 2012, the Group was extended further with the acquisition of Trion AG, and more recently, in October 2015, the Group was extended further when their shareholders (OEP) acquired in full the 3M Library Systems business.
bibliotheca is dedicated to the development of solutions that help sustain and grow libraries around the world. Our products are designed to provide a welcoming, intuitive and seamless environment for those that use the library – wherever they chose to use it - be that at home, on the move or within the foundation of the library itself.
We have direct operational offices in all major continents, together with dedicated distributors who offer our solutions across a further 70 countries. We are proud have over 30,000 unique libraries as part of our family, with a deployed equipment range in excess of 10,000 individual self-service units, 6,000 security systems and over 650 automated materials handling (sorter) systems. In addition, our digital platform features content from over 1,000 publishers and is available through almost 3,000 libraries.
Who owns the Group?
bibliotheca is financially backed by OEP Capital Advisors, L.P., an independent private equity firm that has managed approximately $11 billion of invested capital over its 15 year history. The firm is principally based in New York, Chicago and Frankfurt.
Our business at a glance
bibliotheca is a large, stable company with a long history of serving the library community.
- Direct sales and support offices in 11 countries;
- An extended partner network of over 70 organizations;
- Over 75 million new items tagged every year;
- Over 350 directly employed staff, dedicated to libraries;
- In excess of 30,000 individual customers globally;
- Over 50,000 unique pieces of equipment supported in the field;
- Operating performance, one of the strongest in the industry;
- Increased our operating margins and profitability for three consecutive years.
Our four-part promise to customers:
- At bibliotheca, we help to transform libraries in the digital age into indispensable, equitable community hubs that inspire creativity, collaboration and life-long learning.
- Our global insight, thought leadership and local customer intimacy provide the tools and services which help libraries to anticipate, identify and serve the needs of their users.
- We are the only library solution and service provider with the unique ability to connect patrons to your physical, digital and library services. Our continuous innovation engine provides new solutions to captivate your community, and we are committed to provide the best customer experience.
- Our employees are passionate about libraries and are dedicated to our mission and cultural values.
bibliotheca, an ethical business
bibliotheca is not only committed to providing equal opportunities to our staff and partners globally, but we also work extremely closely with our manufacturing partners to ensure that all products are made from toxic-free materials and comply with global disposal of waste electronic measures. 99% of our products are manufactured in Germany, the UK or the US and we have a zero tolerance stance on the use of child or cheap labour in our manufacturing.