bibliotheca solutions help extend the reach of your library
a full suite of product solutions to help libraries make more impact in their community
Oakdale, Minn. - June 20, 2017 – The bibliotheca booth at the ALA Annual conference will be ready to demonstrate the solutions that help libraries reach more people in their community. Along with new and innovative designs to help refresh the inside of the library, there are solutions to help offer services after hours and expand into the community. These solutions are available for demonstration at the ALA Annual conference, June 23-26, 2017 in Chicago, IL, booth 4025.
Libraries of all types can benefit from the these solutions that will help maximize resources and budgets.
New solutions available at the show:
The cloudLibrary™ brings ePub3 format for large graphic books. Unlike other vendors, these books are fully downloadable to be available for off-line reading. This enables libraries to expand their options for their patrons – convenient digital books for summer reading during travel or trips to the park or beach.
New security gates for both RFID and EM technology provide more accessibility and a new modern look. The RFID Premium™ gate offers the widest possible secure corridor at 63 inches across. New for customers using EM technology is the Tattle-Tape™ gate clear. This brand new gate has enhanced DSP technology, colorful ambient lighting and provides a modern look that appealing for library entrances. These two new gates give libraries new options to provide a great, welcoming first impression.
Get a hands on demo of our unique solutions that help libraries expand their reach:
- Powerful tools to help reach new patrons and drive circulation with cloudLibrary™: Patron registration allows new patrons to register for a library card and start reading instantaneously from within the app. This feature, coupled with iPad kiosk software that allows libraries to place remote digital lending stations out in the community, gives libraries more reach and greater impact.
- Expand digitial content with a tight budget: Libraries can get Pay-per-use titles within the same buying tool and apps as owned content. This allows a library to provide a seemless user experience, better manage all digital content and maximize their budget.
- Bringing digital and physical together, bibliotheca selfChecks can now offer smart recommendations that will let users choose their format with a choice of physical books, eBooks or eAudiobooks within the same list of recommendations. Libraries can use their selfChecks to help their users plan their next read, increase awareness of their cloudLibrary™ digitial collection and drive more circulation.
“We understand that now more than ever, libraries are facing challenges,” said Matthew Bellamy, Chief Commercial Officer, bibliotheca. “The new solutions we bring to ALA are a result of our team’s focus on helping libraries find new and unique ways to connect with their community, engage with their users and evolve with the changing times.” Bellamy continued, “Now is a critical time for libraries to reinforce that they are an important pillar for a healthy community.”
Also in the booth are other proven solutions to help libraries extend their reach and services.
- The remoteLocker™ provides the ability to set up remote ‘branch” of the library in an underserved area of your community or create a 24/7 holds pick-up location for users find it difficult to make it to the library during open hours.
- The recently announced flex AMH™ and a full range of selfCheck™ options allow librarians more time for outreach and engage with their library users.
Discover more about the ‘open libraries’ concept in North America
bibliotheca is pleased to be hosting an educational session on the concept of “open libraries,” which considers increased access to your library space and utilizing library resources in the most impactful way. This panel discussion will cover the merits and challenges of the concept and will include Executive Director, Charles Pace, from Gwinnett County Public Library, who instituted open+™ by bibliotheca one year ago, as well as directors from Hennepin County Library and Ventura County Library System, who will soon implement open+. Visit the ALA Conference Scheduler to get the details.
bibliotheca is dedicated to the development of solutions that help libraries connect with users in unique ways and provide engaging experiences, allowing them to continually evolve their library services for the changing needs of their communities. Their products are designed to provide a welcoming, intuitive and seamless environment for those that use the library – wherever they choose to use it - be that at home, on the move or within the library itself.
With over 30,000 libraries as part of their family, they have installed and continue to support more than 10,000 self-service units, 6,000 security systems and over 650 Automated Materials Handling (sorter) systems. In addition, the cloudLibrary™ digital platform powers eBook and eAudiobook lending at a further 3,000 libraries.