Mid-Continent Public Library Interview
We had the pleasure of speaking with Steve Potter, the Library Director and C.E.O. of Mid-Continent Public Library in Kansas City, Missouri.
Steve has been an influential customer for bibliotheca, keeping us focused on the functional needs and benefits our products can solve for the library industry. We learned a great deal from speaking with him and wanted to share his full interview, in hopes that it will pass on knowledge and help any libraries who are looking to implement a large scale RFID project.
3.5 million items
9 million items
- 5 bin return solution with 2 patron returns and one staff return
- smartserve™ 400 kiosks with credit card & coin/bill payment
- smartadmin™ central management software
Key tips from Steve:
- Tagging 3.5 million items within 4 months.
- Creating a unified team around a large RFID project.
- Customer Centered Transaction Model (CCTM)