Summer is winding down, back-to-school season is upon us, and we’re gearing up for fall. With summer reading challenges coming to an end and Library Sign-up Month just around the corner, this is a great time to consider how to reach new users and provide a better experience. In this month’s biblioNews, we profile two libraries that are refreshing technology and evolving their service models.
As students around the country prepare to hit the books, we’re offering our customers continuing education with two great training webinars,as well as a special 35% discount for those looking to upgrade their existing security detection systems. Read on for details about all of this and more!
New training webinar series: cloudLibrary modules
Tuesday, August 20, 2019 | 3PM CDT
This webinar will cover the features and functionality of the cloudLibrary assist and checkout modules. Participants will view a live app demo and learn how to utilize the virtual library card, customize the app, manage notifications and borrowed titles, check out titles with a mobile device, and access resources and support.
Training webinar series: libraryConnect devices
Thursday, August 22, 2019 | 11AM CDT
Learn how to manage your bibliotheca equipment via libraryConnect™. This training will cover how to view devices, set favorites, schedule alerts, understand statuses, make configuration changes, view statistics, generate reports, and manage user roles. We will also cover how to find documentation, user guides, and training material.
New customer stories from around the globe!
Athy Library | From Landmark Church to Modern Library
With the help of bibliotheca, Athy Library in County Kildare, Ireland, transformed a landmark church into a bustling modern library that hosts over 500 events a year. Read the full story.
Ulsan Library | using self-service to provide exceptional service
South Korea’s new Ulsan library implemented a full suite of bibliotheca RFID solutions in order to provide a stellar user experience and serve as an example for the region. Read more here.
Support + Product updates from the team
How-to video | cloudLibrary checkout
Provide a selfCheck experience that works for all types of users! Don’t miss the cloudLibrary mobile checkout how-to video filmed at Sioux Center Public Library
35% off security gate upgrades through Sept 30!
Modernize your library space, protect valuable materials and make data-driven, strategic decisions when you upgrade your existing security gates. Through September 30, 2019, libraries can replace and upgrade security detection systems at 35% off. Learn more and watch the informational webinar on-demand.
Upcoming Conferences + Global Events
IFLA Satellite Meeting | August 21-22, 2019 | Rome, Italy
Califa Vendor Fair 2019 | August 15, 2019 | Santa Clara University Library, California
Association of Small + Rural Libraries (ARSL) | September 4-7, 2019 | Burlington, Vermont
Ohio Library Council 2019 Convention & Expo | September 25-27, 2019 | Cincinnati, Ohio
BiblioCon 2019 | September 25-27 | Toronto, Ontario
Customers in the news
- A Library of Things: public libraries provide access to sewing machines, cooking pans and more | Georgia Public Library Service
- Max the cat is banned from the library — and winning adoring fans everywhere | Today
- Hubland Library – a future that looks to the past | Designing Libraries UK
- Sweden’s bokbåten is a floating library that brings books to residents of remote islands | MNN.com
- The Future of eBook Pricing | American Libraries
- Mission By Design: Design Institute Columbia, SC | Library Journal
- Tech Thursday at Palm Beach County Library System features cloudLibrary in a fun introduction video | Youtube
- The Guardian view on librarians: guides to life, not just to books | Guardian Editoral
- Lightfoot vows to find money to open Chicago’s 77 branch libraries on Sunday | Chicago Tribune
- From Bag End to Babel: Top 10 libraries in fiction | The Guardian
- The Milwaukee Public Library Hijacked Brand Logos Like YouTube, Netflix and Spotify to Promote Itself | Adweek