What is UHF RFID technology?
We are proud to offer libraries a full Ultra High Frequency (UHF) RFID product line, which delivers the same easy-to-use and enjoyable experience library users and staff around the world have come to expect from bibliotheca. We combined the most innovative chip technology available with refined algorithms that accurately account for library specific workflows in our UHF product line. The bibliotheca UHF RFID experience is designed around library users’ natural behaviours and expectations, resulting in high first-time user success.
The UHF RFID tag contains a microchip and aluminum antenna that operates at 868-928MHz. The UHF RFID tag is programmed with identification and security information and then affixed to books or library materials. When used in conjunction with UHF RFID readers, UHF RFID tags can be read at a distance to identify marked items or to detect the tag’s security status. Because UHF RFID readers can read multiple UHF RFID tags simultaneously at near-proximity without needing to physically locate the tag; check in, check out and materials handling tasks are quicker and easier for both library users and staff.
The difference between UHF and HF RFID technologies
- UHF RFID technology requires more tuning and configuration to provide a consistent user experience than HF RFID technology;
- UHF RFID has a longer read area than HF RFID, allowing for wider aisle security gates and even barrier free detection zones, however, this longer read range can also introduce challenges within the library environment. With the latest technology, special components and bibliotheca expertise, we are able to individually tune the readers in our entire UHF RFID range to better suit transactions that take place inside a library. bibliotheca UHF RFID solutions result in fewer false alarms than many other systems on the market, gaining trust and confidence quickly from both library staff and users;
- UHF RFID is capable of reading items slightly faster than HF RFID, but this is hardly noticeable by the everyday user in library situations;
- UHF RFID is more susceptible to the environment in comparison to HF RFID. UHF RFID performance is impacted by nearby metal, liquids, EM noise, etc. To ensure the best experience possible, we recommend talking to our team about any building factors, such as under floor heating, water pipes, electrical cabling etc. when deciding where to place UHF RFID products.
Why choose bibliotheca UHF RFID library solutions?
Refined UHF optimisation
Every component of the UHF RFID product line has been designed with the latest UHF RFID chip technology, improved antenna and reader configuration and an algorithm created for library specific workflows, forming an optimised read area that maximises performance.
Streamlined user experience
Through our intuitive software design and hardware configuration, our solutions deliver a consistent experience for both library users and staff, creating interactions they can trust and rely on.
Aesthetic design for modern library spaces
The bibliotheca UHF RFID range has been designed to be modern, sleek and easy to use for both library users and staff. Our staff and security solutions complement the library environment, while the selfCheck range encourages self-service usage with a well-designed, engaging experience. We’ve been able to achieve attractive selfCheck designs that are not impacted by the requirements of UHF RFID technology.
Trusted and reliable solutions
Allow staff to focus on more value-add services within the library, knowing they can rely on our trusted solutions to work as promised. We develop quality products that will provide maximum long-term value and easy support. While our UHF RFID solutions are new to the market, these solutions have been designed and tested to reduce down time and minimise inconvenience to library users and staff. Trust that your collection is secure with the combination of our high performing UHF RFID tags and UHF gate.
What type of libraries use UHF RFID solutions?
Libraries with the following goals should consider the bibliotheca UHF RFID solutions:
- Improve the overall library experience
- Create an enjoyable and reliable user interaction
- Create a barrier free entrance to the library
- Streamline library circulation activities
- Manage the library collection with ease and accuracy
UHF RFID library solutions that work best together
Process items quickly and easily
Seamless transactions allow libraries to quickly convert their collection to UHF. When the UHF workstation is paired with a barcode scanner, it allows library staff to program UHF tags to materials and quickly convert their collection. Perfectly designed to help with library circulation tasks
UHF mobile DLA
Manage library shelves and foster collection integrity with ease
As a component of the bibliotheca UHF solution range, this cordless, handheld device instantly reads bibliotheca UHF tags on library materials, turning shelf management into a routine, more meaningful task for library staff members. Compact and easy to use, the UHF mobile DLA can read hundreds of tags per second, while the ergonomic and compact design provides an intuitive, enjoyable experience for users.
Protect and secure your library materials using state-of-the-art UHF security gates
With a modern and attractive design, the bibliotheca UHF gate not only offers advanced detection but perfectly integrates with any library environment. The UHF gate reduces accidental or deliberate removal of library items by detecting UHF tags in any orientation. Upon detection, a configurable alert provides an immediate audible and/or visual warning.
Create an open, welcoming library entrance with concealed security detection
Now adapted specifically for libraries, bibliotheca UHF overhead offers many benefits of nondescript retail security detection, while providing libraries with a more precise read-range that guarantees security integrity and reduces false alarms. Installed at entrances of up to 9.2 meters wide, the UHF overhead compliments any library entrance and can even be concealed behind ceiling drywall.
UHF selfCheck 500
Self-service that’s self-explanatory
Powered by our intuitive quickConnect self-service software, the UHF selfCheck 500 was designed to deliver an engaging user experience that also promotes your library collection, services and events. It conveniently allows users to check-out, checkin, new and access their account.