What we’ve done and what’s to come
- Improved CAT functionality: You spoke, and we listened. We’ve incorporated your feedback to upgrade cloudLibrary CAT. We’ve improved the speed and the search, adding multiple ways to sort and filter data so you can find what you are looking for quickly.
- Continuous scroll: We’ve updated the cloudLibrary reader to provide continuous scroll when scroll mode is selected – no more swiping to move between chapters.
- New content and purchase options: To help libraries diversify their digital collections, cloudLibrary has added eBook and audiobook content from several small publishers over the past months. We’ve also added Hachette Livre titles to our catalogue, as well as pay-per-use titles from Penguin Random House.
- Digital magazines and newspapers: The cloudLibrary team was thrilled to release NewsStand in 2021. This new subscription service provides unlimited, simultaneous access to over 7,000 digital magazines and newspapers in over 60 languages. The catalogue is continuously growing and some of the new content added in 2021 included popular titles like: Good Housekeeping, Woman’s Day, Cosmopolitan, Bon Appétit, Vanity Fair and Vogue.
- Global comics: In 2021, Comics+, cloudLibrary’s digital comic, manga, and graphic novel subscription went global – launching in India, Columbia, and Thailand. Now library readers worldwide can take advantage of unlimited, simultaneous access to tens of thousands of titles, including new Kodansha manga.
- Improved app scores: We know high-quality digital services are more important to libraries than ever. This year, we’ve worked hard to incorporate your feedback to make dozens of small, detailed improvements to the cloudLibrary app. We’re so grateful for your partnership and delighted that these changes are improving your experience.
The cloudLibrary team has accomplished a lot over the last several months, but we have more just around the corner. Keep your eyes open for soon-to-be-released features that will improve your cloudLibrary experience and make it easier than ever for your patrons to find and borrow high-interest digital content of all kinds.